Wednesday, August 17, 2011

clémentine



i hesitated between Berry and Penny. she arrived less than a month after i ordered her.
i didn't know they were so "talked about" then.






it's funny how dolls that spark off this amount of interest, equally inspire the kind of bitter comments that could be slowly leading to some sort of doll bashing.

i guess this kind of doll will not belong to a major "doll group". by that, i mean the resin one or the plastic one. "good for her", i'd be tempted to say.






yes, their body is a cheap obitsu one.
yes, their price is rather high.

but

an estebebe face up is expensive. here, they don't just make up the eyes. they make the eyes.



clem

the reasons why i like a doll are usually very basic. they remind me of good things and/or i just smile at the sight of them.
clémentine reminds me of old illustrations, and her expression makes me smile. it's that simple.


6 comments:

  1. your reasons to love a doll, to me, are the best ones. you love them because of the way they "speak" to you. not because it's the current doll trend or because they're limited or expensive or from a certain brand or previously owned by a doll-lebrity. the later reasons are the reasons why i got tired of doll communities. the former reason is the reason why i still read your sites after all these years. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love these dolls also, especially the most recent Pet line.
    You are right makeup like this costs allot and then you still have the doll! I think there is something Strawberry shortcake about the head. Nothing to similar of course, but brings out that inside smile you talked about that makes you want to have at least one in your house.

    HUGS and happy to find your blog!

    Lorraine

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. i hadn't thought of it. i think i see what you mean. charlotte aux fraises (french version) was a doll very dear to me when i was little. maybe it was in the back of my head when i fell for berry.
      thank you :)
      i'm glad you found it!

      Delete
  3. My next doll is a Jerry Berry. I've had my eye on them for ages. So cute! I have one in my shopping cart and I believe it's the same wig. I have to think... Lovely pictures!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. i hope you will buy her. they have such a sweet and unusual personality. and i'd love to see one wearing your creations!

      Delete